Thursday, October 28, 2010

All Around Me

My skin is different than yours
My eyes a different shape
My life experience you see,
Must be different as well.
Everyone of us unique,
Everyone of us with our own demons,
Our own trials,
Must tear the wall down brick by brick,
That keeps us from our joy.
Look at all that you have,
Not what you expected, well, no.
But beauty lies all around us
and seeing it, well
that is dependent on me alone
Sometimes I think, I want her life.
I want her family, I want her situation,
But everybody has their demons
And nothing is ever as tranquil as it seems.
Look around you, Valorie
See the beauty that surrounds you
See the gifts that have been given you
And the people who love you
Who are all around you.
Today I am grateful for my blessings.
Today I hope to always stop and remember,
How wonderful MY life is
Without comparing it to another's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write that poem? I love it!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for making me CRY!!!

SARAH said...

I love you, Val.